TruffleHog Authentication #
The default authentication method for TruffleHog uses Google Oauth or Magic Links for user management. Administrators must add each user by email that should have dashboard access to the Users page.
SAML SSO #
Authentication can be configured to be handled by a SAML SSO identity provider (IdP). When this option is enabled, the IdP is responsible for user management.
Okta Configuration #
- Select “Create a new app integration”
- Select a “SAML 2.0” app
- Set your app name and app logo
- Single Sign on URL → See Authentication page in TruffleHog dashboard
- Single sign on URL → See Assertion Consumer Service (ACS) URL on Authentication page in TruffleHog dashboard
- Audience URI → Base URL for your TruffleHog deployment. For example, if your ACS URL is https://real-strong-chipmunk.c1.prod.trufflehog.org/saml/acs , your Audience URI will be https://real-strong-chipmunk.c1.prod.trufflehog.org
- Name ID Format → EmailAddress
- Add the following Attribute Statements
- email → user.email
- firstName → user.firstName
- lastName → user.lastNameNote If you are using an IdP that uses subject that is unique for each session, add a ‘username’ attribute that returns the user’s email address.
- Complete setup
- Go to the new app admin page
- Go to Sign On tab
- Open “View SAML setup instructions”
- Select the IDP metadata from the text box
- Paste the metadata content into the metadata field on the Trufflehog authentication page